A drought is a period of dry weather that lasts long enough to create an imbalance.
The Red Cross has tips to help you conserve water during a time of drought.
1. Never pour water down the drain when there maybe another use.
2. Make sure your home is leak free.
3. Don't overwater your lawn.
4. Use a shut-off nozzle on your hose that can be adjusted down to a fine spray, so that water flows only as needed.
5. If you have a well at home, check your pump periodically.
6. If you have a swimming pool, consider installing a new water-saving pool filter.
Remember to download the FREE Red Cross Emergency App to stay prepared during emergencies.